Friday, May 27, 2011

PLC Day Reflection

Here I am reflecting on a Friday night at 5:00pm... I know its crazy, but I cannot stop thinking about our PLC day today and my PLC for next year. I have learned so much over the past year both proffessionally and personally! I have a lot of new technological ideas to implement into my curriculum, as well as many new found reasons to use technology and project based learning that I had not thought of in the past.

Where to go with all of this for next year?

That is the big question we all have on our minds- Im sure...!
At this point in my thought process I am thinking of several different roads to take, some of which include: creating parallel tasks, reader's response, writer's workshop, differentiated centers, project based learning, and ways to improve our students assessment scores...... Im trying to figure out a way that I can combine all of this into one awesome overall idea!

Thoughts?

I would really love to use project-based learning in my classroom next year with a reader's/writer's workshop approach toward instruction (using differentiated centers and parallel tasks) and hoping that with this approach to teaching my students test scores will improve...??

Thats where I stand today

- its truley been a great learning experience and I am in shock that this year is coming to an end. I had a great PLC team this year and while I am sad that we will probably go our seperate ways next year to meet our own individual needs.... I am confident that we will remain the "G" team and continue to share ideas with eachother and continue to challenge eachothers thinking.

Thank you to a great team this year! I've learned a lot and you have all helped to make my first year teaching a great success!

Also a big thank you to our administration for allowing us the opportunity to grow as educators- we are lucky to have a group of people leading our school district that care soooo much about their teachers and students!~

No comments:

Post a Comment